Is Your Dishwasher Working Harder Than Necessary?
There are a few simple things that you can do to extend the life of your dishwasher and save you some dough. These tips are a great way to get started:
- Always load your dishwasher according to the manufacturer’s directions – it gets your dishes the cleanest and allows you to get the most dishes in each load. Running a full load saves you money since each load costs the same to run, whether empty or full.
- Scrape your dishes before loading – don’t rinse as that wastes water, but scraping food will keep the food disposal system and pump from working extra hard.
- Clean the dishwasher – on a regular basis use a commercial dishwasher cleaner or an at home cleaning solution.
- Let dishes air dry – it saves energy and will keep your home from heating up in the summer.
- Use a rinse aid – you’ll get sparkling dishes and speed the drying time without having to use the heated drying option.
- In the summer run the dishwasher at night – this keeps the dishwasher from heating up your home during the day.
Have a plumbing issue and need some help? Call the professionals at Go Green Plumbing at 336-252-2999 for service 7 days a week/24 hours a day. If water runs through it – We Do It!